ITC Terms & Conditions (Quotation/Confirmation)
1. Expiration of Quotation. Any quotation by ITC Incorporated (collectively hereafter referred to as the “Company”) will be held open for acceptance for a period of 30 days from the date of the quotation; however, the Company reserves the right to correct clerical and typographical errors, including price and quantity numbers, within 15 days after acceptance of an order based on the quotation.
2. Acceptance. This order is subject to the following terms and conditions. Terms stated by the Buyer in any other communication, prior or subsequent hereto, shall NOT be binding on the Company if different from or in addition to any of the provisions hereof or the quotation, unless expressly agreed to in writing by the Company. Acceptance by the Buyer of this order, orally or in writing, or of any goods provided hereunder or payment therefore, shall constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. Payment. Payment in cash is due upon delivery unless otherwise agreed in writing. All payments not made by the due date shall bear interest at a rate of 11⁄2% per month. If the Buyer fails to fulfill the terms of payment, or the Company has any doubt at any time as to the Buyer's financial responsibility, the Company may either decline to make further deliveries except upon receipt of cash or other satisfactory security, or may terminate the entire agreement. The Buyer shall reimburse the Company for any costs of collection incurred in collecting any past due sums, including attorneys' fees. To secure the Buyer's obligation to pay the Company the purchase price of the goods, the Buyer grants to the Company a security interest in the goods and any proceeds thereof, with full rights as a secured party under the Uniform Commercial Code, and the Buyer appoints the Company as its attorney in fact to sign any financing statements evidencing such security interest on behalf of the Buyer. In the event that any additional costs are incurred by ITC as result of actions or information supplied by the customer including without limitation providing the wrong address information or insufficient funds being available upon presentment and demand, the additional costs incurred by ITC plus a surcharge of $50.00 will be charged the customer.
4. Shipment and Risk of Loss. The Buyer shall take delivery of the goods F.O.B. the Company’s facility, unless otherwise agreed in writing. Method and route of shipment are at the Company's discretion, unless the Buyer supplies instructions otherwise. All expenses and risks of loss or any damages incurred in the transportation of the goods, including any risks of loss in loading or unloading, shall be borne solely by the Buyer, unless otherwise specified. All claims for loss, damage or delay against the carrier must be made by the Buyer. The Buyer shall accept partial delivery of any order and any defect related to said partial delivery or failure to make any subsequent partial delivery shall be severable and not constitute a breach of the entire agreement. Freight shall be shipped on the Company’s shipper account unless otherwise agreed to between the Company and Buyer. To qualify for shipping collect (against Buyer’s account number), the customer must be in good standing and have reached a minimum of US$10,000 in annual sales with the Company. If freight for a collect account is invoiced back to the Company for any reason, the Company reserves the right to charge Buyer all the associated freight along with a fee of $50 for processing. For Buyers with credit card payment terms, freight collect shipments from the Company will not be allowed. If there is any discrepancy in count or item number of received goods as compared to the packing list, the Buyer shall notify ITC within 30 days of the date of the shipment, or the goods are assumed to be included as stated, and the invoice is payable as sent.
5. Delays and Damages. The Company shall attempt to make deliveries in accordance with its quotation or production order, but if for any reason the Company fails to make such deliveries or to make them within the time stated, or cancels any order, ITC shall not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from any such failure or delay in delivery, or from any such cancellation or for loss of use or loss of profits, or for any other consequential, incidental or special damages on account of delay in delivery.
6. Rejection of Non-Conforming Goods. The Buyer must notify the Company in writing of any rejection of goods deemed non-conforming within 30 days of delivery. The notification shall identify each alleged non-conforming of the goods and describe that portion of the shipment being rejected. If the Buyer shall fail to give such notice or if the Buyer uses the goods in any manner inconsistent with the rights of the Company, the goods shall be deemed to conform to the terms hereof in all respects and the Buyer shall be bound to accept and pay for the goods in accordance with these terms.
7. Cancellation or Modification. Any order received by the Company may be canceled or modified by the Buyer within five days of order confirmation without any penalty. Cancellation or modification of any order after the 5-day period, must be approved in writing by the Company. The Buyer may also be responsible for expenses incurred by the Company in connection with said order. These expenses may include, but are not limited to, labor, materials, WIP, packaging, and finished goods.
8. Limited Warranty and Limitation of Remedy and Damages. The Company warrants the goods to be free from defects in material or workmanship under normal operating conditions from the date of delivery, regardless of the date of installation or first use. Any claim under this warranty shall be deemed waived unless the Company is notified within 30 days of the discovery of the defect and given the opportunity to inspect such defect, and, if necessary, the goods are returned to the Company. Any claim with regards to the LOOK™ backlit mirrors must be reported within five days of receiving the shipment. Photos must be submitted with all backlit mirror claims and no claims will be accepted for mirrors broken during installation. The Company's obligation under this warranty shall be LIMITED, at its option, to the modification, repair or replacement of the goods by the Company. In no event shall the Company be liable for consequential, incidental or special damages, loss of profit or production, or for transportation, installation or other costs associated with the goods.
THIS WARRANTY IS EXPRESSLY MADE IN LIEU OF ANY AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. This warranty shall not apply to any goods which have been subject to abuse, accident, alteration, or misuse.
9. Limitation of Liability. The Company's liability on any claim of any kind, including negligence, strict or product liability, or breach of warranty or contract, for any loss or damage arising out of or connected with this contract, or the performance or breach thereof, or the manufacture, sale or use of the goods furnished hereunder shall in no case exceed the price allocable to such goods which gives rise to the claim, and shall not include any liability for any consequential, incidental or special damages.
10. Reliance Upon Buyer's Information. In the preparation of the quotation and the goods, the Company has relied on information supplied by the Buyer. In the event such information is inaccurate, the Company shall not be liable for any claim resulting from such inaccurate information, including negligence, strict or product liability, or breach of warranty or contract, with respect to the goods, the performance of breach of this contract, or any defects of design, material or workmanship. Product built to Buyer’s specifications that is determined subsequently not to fit an application will be Buyer’s responsibility.
11. Indemnification. Buyer shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Company and its agents from any claims, damages or expenses including attorneys' fees, arising or alleged to arise from any asserted deficiencies or defects in the goods caused by any alteration thereof with or without the Company's consent made by the Buyer, the improper handling, storage or installation by the Buyer, or any action taken by the Buyer which voids the ETL/UL, and or CSA certification.
12. Non-Performance. Neither party shall be liable to the other for failure to perform its obligation in whole or in part when performance is prevented by flood, drought, fire, or any other casualty, war, riot, insurrection, acts of God, restrictions, or interference by any government or governmental agency, strike, labor action, or any similar cause beyond the control of the party failing to perform, for the period during which such cause of failure exists.
13. Limitation Period for Bringing Action. No action may be commenced to enforce this contract or for any breach hereof, or for any defect or deficiency of the goods to be delivered hereunder, whether on warranty, contract, negligence, or strict products liability, unless such action is brought within 12 months after accrual of such cause of action.
14. Choice of Law and Forum. This contract shall be governed by the laws of the State of Michigan, notwithstanding any state's choice of law rules to the contrary. The Buyer consents and agrees that any action brought to enforce this contract, or for any breach hereof, or for any defect or deficiency of the goods to be delivered hereunder, whether on warranty, contract, negligence, or strict products liability, shall be brought solely in a state or federal court sitting in the State of Michigan, and the Buyer consents and submits to the jurisdiction of such court.
General Product Limited Warranty
ITC Incorporated (collectively hereafter referred to as the “Company”) warrants, to the original purchaser, that the product will be free of defects in materials and/or workmanship for the period of time set forth herein. This warranty period will begin from the original date of purchase of the product. Except as set forth below, this general product limited warranty will extend between one-year and three-years dependent on product and product installation environment.
All exterior installed Tape Light products will have a one-year warranty period. All assist handles will have a three-year warranty period, provided that crazing caused by chemical attack from a contaminant is not covered by any warranty. Power Supplies utilized in an exterior application have a one-year warranty, Power Supplies utilized in an interior application have a three-year warranty and Power Supplies used in a mirror application have a warranty as follows. All LOOK™ backlit mirrors will carry a ten-year warranty for the mirror frame, structure and assembly and a seven-year warranty for the mirror glass, power supply and LED’s. NOTE: Ten-year and seven-year warranty applies only to mirrors utilizing the 690010.121 power supply and mirrors purchased after January 1, 2022. All products within the Compel™ series will have a five-year warranty. Warranty lengths for other specific products are available upon request to the Company.
MAXIMUM LIABILITY The Company's liability to repair or replace a damaged item shall be limited to the original purchaser (OEM) of the item or in the event product is purchased by an authorized distributor, limited warranty may be transferred to subsequent purchasers, as long as, parts are resold in new condition, at the original invoice price of the unit. Labor and freight will not be included. If an ITC Direct Customer is unauthorized to sell the products to a third party for re-sale on the internet, the ITC Warranty will be null and void for those products.
INSPECTION The Company reserves the right to review the damaged product and the site where the damage occurred. The Company may require the purchaser to ship the item to the Company for inspection. The damaged item must remain available for inspection until the claim is finalized. In the event the Company requests to inspect the product, it agrees to dispatch its findings pertaining to the alleged defective product within 45 days of receiving the product. Whenever claims are settled, the Company reserves the right to be subrogated under any existing insurance policies the purchaser may have.
EVENTS THAT VOID WARRANTY All above warranties are null and void if any one or more of the following events occurs: (a) the item is not provided to the Company for inspection upon the Company's request; (b) the Company determines that the item has been improperly installed (ITC In-door or out-door Install Instructions were not followed), altered in any way or tampered with; (c) the Company determines that the item was not used under normal operating conditions or in accordance with labels or instructions for the item; (d) the Company determines the product was not properly maintained, stored and/or; e) the Company determines that an unauthorized repair, modification, disassembly, or other changes to the product created the alleged defect. In addition to the foregoing, this Warranty does not protect against damage to the product when the Company determines, in its sole discretion, that the damage resulted from acts of God such as lightning, flood, earthquake, war, vandalism, theft, normal-use wear and tear, terrorism, strikes, and labor stoppages.
This warranty specifically excludes damage, deterioration or discoloration caused by sunlight or similar ultraviolet rays and/or wavelengths and/or dents, holes or scratches to the unit caused by stones, rocks, and/or debris.
EXCLUSIVE REMEDY This Warranty contains the sole warranty of the Company with respect to the product and is given in lieu of all other warranties. There are no other warranties, express or implied, including implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose and any implied warranties that cannot be waived and/or excluded are hereby limited in duration to the terms of this Warranty.
LIMITATION ON LIABILITY In no event shall the Company or any affiliate of the Company be liable for direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or multiple damages arising out of the use of the item, regardless of the legal theory on which such claim is based, even if the Company has been advised of the possibility of such damage. Consequential damages shall include, but are not limited to loss of profits, loss of savings, or revenue.
(1) Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not be applicable.
ITC Return Policy
1. The Company will accept absolutely no returns for product found defective at the distributor or returned by a dealer or customer as a warranty claim without a Return Material Authorization (RMA) Number. Customers should email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Quality Department 1.888.871.8860 to obtain a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number prior to sending product back to the Company.
2. All correspondence and credits pertaining to the alleged non-conforming product will reference the RMA number. If your company uses its own return goods numbering system, the Company will make every effort to include both reference numbers on the Company's RMA. All returns must be accommodated by our RMA number or they will not be processed. If product is received without our RMA number written on the outside of the carton, it will be refused upon receipt. All customers have 30 days to return product or the RMA will be voided.
3. All RMA returns should be sent to the attention of RETURNS at the following address
3030 Corporate Grove Dr
Hudsonville, MI 49426
All returns must have the RMA number clearly marked on the outside of the box.
4. The Company will reimburse a customer for credit on returned parts that are determined defective by the Company. Credit is entered based on the current quoted price for said part. The Company will not credit customers for unauthorized dealer mark-ups or customer mark-up fees. The Company will not reimburse labor fees that are unreasonable or extraordinary.
5. The Company will not issue credit for parts that were damaged or inappropriately handled by customer. Alterations to the Company’s part will invalidate the warranty.
6. To preserve your claim, please securely package all parts before shipping to the Company. Damage caused by improper or inadequate storage or packaging before or during shipment will invalidate the warranty and credit may be denied. All claims are reviewed by the Company's Quality Department to determine the validity of the claim.
7. Invalid returned parts (non-Company parts) shall be held for a maximum of 15 days, then destroyed or returned at customer's expense, the Company will notify the customer accordingly. Repeated submission of invalid parts will warrant the Company charging the offending customer a handling fee. If a part is damaged or lost during transit, customer is responsible for directing a claim to the courier service, not ITC.
8. The Company is not responsible for freight charges of parts that the customer has ordered in error or for parts that are found not defective.
9. If authorized, a minimum of 25% or $50.00 (whichever is greater) restocking fee may be invoiced or deducted from the return credit for parts that are not defective, or parts ordered in error providing the parts are returned clean, in the Company’s original packaging and immediately saleable to another Company customer as-is. If parts do not meet this criterion, the restocking request will either be denied upon the Company’s receipt of the parts or a Rework Service charge will be applied which will be invoiced or deducted from the credit for parts. The Rework Service charge will vary dependent on the Rework required.
10. Mirrors are an exception, where a minimum of 50% restocking fee of the purchased price will be invoiced or deducted from the return credit for LOOK™ Backlit Mirrors that are not defective, or mirrors ordered in error.
11. If a scrap credit is authorized by the Company, we will issue an RMA number and apply the credit to the customer's account without inspecting the product or having it returned to the Company. Scrap credit cannot be taken by a customer without written consent by the Company.
12. If you should have any questions please email us at email@example.com or call toll free 1.888.871.8860 or 616.396.1355
ITC Sample Policy
ITC Incorporated understands the importance of sending out samples to our customers to review for product quality and to determine if the product will work in the application for which it has been suggested. It is the policy of ITC to send out samples at no charge for any items if the accumulated invoice amount of the samples is less than US$60.00. In the event that the invoice amount exceeds US$60, we will send the customer a memo bill for the full value of the samples. The memo bill would become payable by the customer after 90 days if they have not returned the products to either an ITC representative or returned the products against an RGA.
Printed Documents are not Controlled
QF 000079 ITC Inc. General Product Limited Warranty Rev F 10/03/2022
2022 - ITC Incorporated. All Rights Reserved